What NOT to Bring to College
So you’ve already checked out our college dorm list for 2021. Now what shouldn’t you bring to college? Don’t worry, we have you covered.
- Printer – chances are there are dozens of printers around campus for you to use.
- Vacuum cleaner – super loud an unnecessary.
- Ironing board/iron – your clothes don’t need to look that good.
- Coffeemaker or tea kettle or toaster – your dorm kitchen likely has one.
- Candles – super big fire hazard. Likely banned in your dorm anyways.
- Pots/pan/dishes – yes, you can bring some disposable dishes and silverware but anything more than that is overkill.
- Your library – yes, reading is great but it is best to keep the book collection at home because you’re going to be short on space.
- Out of season clothes – if it’s beach weather outside and you have a winter coat in your closest something has gone terribly wrong.
- Expensive jewelry – chances are someone in your dorm doesn’t have a problem with stealing.
- Car – most colleges ban freshman from having cars on campus. This isn’t a problem because things are typically within walking or biking distance of each other.
- Furniture – chances are your dorm room already has it.
Are we missing anything? Let us know in the comments below!